photo Home_zps6fc71f5e.png  photo AboutMe_zps0cc3646c.png  photo Contact_zps19d90acc.png  photo HomeTour_zpsa103cd34.png  photo Projects_zpscc5bbcb7.png  photo Recipes_zpsaf91aaa1.png

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our 1st Anniversary!

I mentioned it in my last post, but for those of you who missed it, it was our 1st anniversary yesterday! :) I honestly cannot believe how quickly this year went by and it's really been a wonderful year. Eric and I have lived on our own, lived with the 'rents, gone on two beautiful vacations, and started building a home that we hope to spend the rest of our lives in - along with many other things, of course.  I'm feeling so incredibly blessed and I can't wait to spend many more years with the love of my life :)

Yesterday we spent the day together celebrating and we couldn't stop thinking and talking about what we were doing a year ago on our wedding day. While we were walking around downtown Holland, we kept saying, "Yesterday at this time, we would have been taking our wedding pictures." And when we were eating dinner at a nice restaurant on the waterfront, we ate while talking about how we would have been riding around with our wedding party in the limo at that time a year ago. And when we went home and ate the top of our wedding cake together, we reminisced about the reception and how much fun we had celebrating with our friends and family. There are so many incredible memories from that day that I'm so glad we had the time to remember them together.

Here's a couple of pictures of us yesterday :)



Ignore the fact that I have no makeup on in this one - this is after we showered already and were getting ready for bed. I was actually surprised by how good our cake was yet after being frozen in my parents' freezer for a whole year! 


It really was a beautiful anniversary and I'm so glad that we just got to spend the day enjoying time with each other. I never thought I could feel more in love with Eric than I did on our wedding day, but after an absolutely amazing year together I can definitely say I do! 

So, in the spirit of being reminiscent, I thought I would share just a few photos of our wedding day with you also. As I share these photos with you, I'm literally smiling from ear to ear and wishing I could relive this day again. 




Isn't that willow tree gorgeous? I absolutely love willow trees, hence my blog name, and this was by far the most gorgeous willow tree I have ever seen. It had always been my dream to have my wedding photos taken under a willow tree and I was so ecstatic when Leah, my photographer, told me that she had the perfect place. I still can't believe how perfect it was!


Aren't my bridesmaids gorgeous? I love them all to death!



We couldn't help but celebrate a little when we were officially announced as "Mr. and Mrs. Gladding" :)


We did a balloon send-off and it was so awesome. All those balloons floating away above us made it truly magical.


And this photo makes me smile every time I see it :) Our friends are the best dancers ever and the dance floor was packed almost all night - we had so much fun! This was during a little lull when we had a little time to reconnect between spending the night breaking it down!

I would love to share even more photos with you, but I don't want to bore you ;) I hope you can see how amazing our wedding day was though, and can understand how special it was for us. We are incredibly blessed!

I want to thank my photographer, Leah Mullett again also. She took the most beautiful photos of the day and will help us to remember how incredible it all was for years to come. If you want to check out her other work, click here. She is AWESOME!

I hope to be back this week with a couple more posts so keep checking back! Have a good week all!


No comments:

Post a Comment