photo Home_zps6fc71f5e.png  photo AboutMe_zps0cc3646c.png  photo Contact_zps19d90acc.png  photo HomeTour_zpsa103cd34.png  photo Projects_zpscc5bbcb7.png  photo Recipes_zpsaf91aaa1.png

Monday, July 8, 2013

Long Time, No See!

Hello friends! I bet you've all been wondering where I've been... I'm still alive! But, I know that I have been MIA for a little too long. However, I'm back with some exciting news which will explain why I haven't been around for a while. I have been busy crafting stuff to sell in my booth! Yes, that's right! I officially have a booth!

Some of you may have seen my Facebook update last week about putting my name down on the waiting lists for a few stores that offer vender spaces for crafters like me. I got a call from one of them about a week ago and I now have a space to sell my stuff!

If you want to check it out, the store is called "Teri's Treasures" and is located at 970 Chicago Drive (between 8th and 12th) in Jenison. It's a blue building on the south side of Chicago Drive and it sells both thrift items and crafted items like mine. It wasn't my first choice for location, but it's definitely a great place to start!

And because I'm just starting out, I barely have anything in my booth. So if you go check it out within the next week or so, you won't find too much. You've been warned ;) I've been busy trying to get a bunch of stuff made, but with the holiday and my family gone camping, Eric and I have been relaxing for a few days with family too :)

Because I know you're curious, I did take a few photos of some of the stuff I threw together today. These items aren't in the store yet, but I'll probably drop them off on Wednesday. No tutorials today either, but if you're interested in learning how to make one of the items in the photos, just let me know and I'll try to do a blog post with a tutorial about it sometime soon :)

Alright so this first one you see is actually no longer for sale... my mother-in-law got home from work today and disappeared with this wreath to try it out on her front door. Let's just say it never returned and has found a new home :)


I've been wanting to try making one of these bubble wreaths for a while, and it's actually really fun! I love how it turned out too :)


I love the little key detail...


And the lace and chevron bow :)


I actually did make another one of these last week that should still be available in my booth if you're interested. It's a little different, but still has the bubble burlap shape. That one turned out great too, but I didn't remember to take a picture before I brought it away. I'll definitely be making a few more of these in the near future too so watch for those as well!

Next, I made this fun chevron burlap wrapped wreath with jute flowers. 


It features 3 sizes of the loopy jute flowers with burlap centers and 3 jute swirl rosettes.


I think this one is great for the summer season! Isn't it cute? :)


This next little piece is something I just randomly threw together with some scraps I had lying around. The frame I had painted and intended to do something else with, but I actually stepped on the glass and broke it (I didn't hurt myself, thank goodness) so it wasn't going to work with my original idea anymore. So, after looking at my scraps and brainstorming for a few minutes, this is what I ended up with!


I'm kind of obsessed with these cute vintage looking keys that I found in the dollar section at Michaels. I'm definitely going back to get more this week!


This is just a little 5x7 wall frame so it would fit almost anywhere! It would be a great addition to a gallery wall also. I would love to add something like this to my gallery wall when we move into our new home :)


And finally, something I've been wanting to make for quite a while, Mason Jar wall vases! Eric helped me out with this one since it took some power tools to put together, but I think they turned out really great. We made 4 of them and painted each one a different color. The one shown is blue, but we also made white, grey, and green.


I've seen these used to hold flowers, kitchen utensils, or even toothbrushes in a bathroom. There are so many options with these little guys :)


Nothing like a good Mason Jar project ;)


Didn't they turn out great? I love them!

Well, I hope that you've all enjoyed getting a little peek at what I've been up to and I hope that you will take the time to check out my booth sometime soon! I'd love to hear what you think about these projects and like I said before, please let me know if you'd like a tutorial on any of them. I'd be more than happy to share! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment