photo Home_zps6fc71f5e.png  photo AboutMe_zps0cc3646c.png  photo Contact_zps19d90acc.png  photo HomeTour_zpsa103cd34.png  photo Projects_zpscc5bbcb7.png  photo Recipes_zpsaf91aaa1.png

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Free Honey Bee Printable!

Hello all you lovely people - happy Saturday!

I'm so glad it's the weekend and that I have the day off from work so I can share my first free printable with you all! I've been learning how to use Gimp (kinda like Photoshop, but free) and I'm loving all the fun images I've been able to create with it. I've been selling a couple of painted frames in my booth filled with some of the images I've created, but today I wanted to share one with you - for free! :)

As most of you know, I'm a big country music fan. This summer I've absolutely fallen in love with the song "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton. While I was shopping around at Michaels the other day, I came across some scrapbook paper that looked like yellow honeycombs and I instantly knew that I wanted to make a printable with the lyrics from that song on it.

And here's how it turned out!


Pretty cute huh? 


I'm gonna go ahead and say that these photos really don't do it justice. I couldn't really find a good place to make the yellow pop and I'm just really not that good at photography. So there. I said it ;)


And a crooked photo... yup. Just some more of my own critiques - ha.


I do really love how it turned out though. And I think it looks great paired with the grey frame.


It's kinda hard to see in this photo, but isn't the little honey bee flying in a heart shape adorable? My hubby was the mastermind behind figuring out how to make that one! He's much more Gimp savvy than I am - I had the idea, but he made it happen!

Speaking of my husband, it's our 1-year wedding anniversary tomorrow and we're so excited to celebrate this awesome milestone! I can't believe it's been a year already! But anyways... you'll probably hear more about that later :)


So back to the printable :) If you'd like to download this printable for yourself, you can find it here:


This is a 8.5 x 11 file so it can be printed on standard sized printer paper. Like I said before, the honeycomb paper is from Michaels and started as a 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper which I cut down to the 8.5 x 11 size. Then I just ran it right through my printer and it turned out perfect! If you just want a white background, regular printer paper will work instead.

The frame that I have it displayed in is an 8.5 x 11 document frame from Hobby Lobby, painted and distressed just a tad bit. This is a pretty standard frame size so it shouldn't be difficult to find the perfect frame to display your printable in! :)

Enjoy! And if you use it, I'd love to hear about it and would love even more to see some photos! 

Have a great weekend all!

Linking up at:

1 comment:

  1. Love this lyric and love the frame. Happy Anniversary :-). Thanks for linking up to my Weekend Beautiful Party.
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete